Six people were shot, three fatally, in four days last week within a two-mile stretch of Ward 4’s Georgia Avenue NW corridor, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.

The violence began Sunday, Nov. 5, at 6:10 p.m., when police found Juan Nelson Roberts — a 35-year-old man from Capitol Heights, Md. — with multiple gunshot wounds and no signs of life in the 900 block of Shepherd Street NW.

The next day, a man was hospitalized after being shot in the 5400 block of Georgia Avenue NW, about a mile north. According to a news release, the man was walking to his car at about 8:20 p.m. last Monday when he heard gunshots and realized he had been struck.

A day later, Nov. 7, police responded to an alley in the 1300 block of Rittenhouse Street NW at 8:15 p.m. — just under a mile north of the previous shooting location — where officers found a man and a teenage boy with gunshot wounds. Yoselis Regino Barrios, 16, died in the hospital; the man survived. The Washington Post reported that the incident was apparently a drive-by shooting, and that Barrios lived nearby and attended Capital City Public Charter School.

The most recent incident took place again in the 5400 block of Georgia Avenue — inside the Lucky Corner Market, located at Georgia and Kennedy Street, according to The Post. Police found Jonathan Vilchez, 22, of Northwest, dead inside the store at 11:52 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 8. Police also found another Northwest man, 23-year-old Mario Alfaro, with non-life-threatening gunshot wounds around the corner in the 800 block of Kennedy.

Police charged Alfaro with second-degree murder in connection with Vilchez’s death, but have made no arrests in the other cases. According to media reports, police are investigating a possible gang link between Vilchez’s and Barrios’ deaths.

Also in Ward 4, a 55-year-old Northwest man died this week from traumatic brain injuries incurred during a Sept. 24 robbery in the 5100 block of 2nd Street NW, according to a news release. Tsegaye Gebrehiwot was assaulted and robbed at about 11 p.m.; he was admitted to a hospital about a month later due to complications resulting from the incident. He remained in the hospital until his death on Nov. 13, police said Wednesday. Police are now investigating the robbery as a homicide.