Tuesday, Nov. 28
- Advisory Neighborhood Commission 3/4G (Chevy Chase) will hold a public meeting to discuss the long-term future of the Chevy Chase Community Center, which is slated for renovations in the coming years. The agenda will focus on what is possible in terms of the physical facilities. The meeting will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at the center, located at Connecticut Avenue and McKinley Street NW. (A follow-up meeting on Thursday, Dec. 14, from 7 to 9 p.m. will address funding issues.)
Wednesday, Nov. 29
- Mayor Muriel Bowser, D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson and the D.C. Council will host a Holiday Reception at 5 p.m. on the first floor of the John A. Wilson Building, 1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. To RSVP, visit dcholidayreception.eventbrite.com.
Thursday, Nov. 30
- Ward 4 D.C. Council member Brandon Todd will host a Ward 4 Brewery Crawl, featuring visits to two local brewers. The first happy hour will begin at 6 p.m. at 3 Stars Brewing Co., 6400 Chillum Place NW; at 7 p.m., attendees will walk to Hellbender Brewing Co., 5788 2nd St. NE. Admission is free; reservations are requested at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attendees are asked to bring canned food items to replenish the Emory Beacon of Light Food Pantry’s supplies after Thanksgiving.
- The D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation, the D.C. Department of General Services and the Friends of Stead Park will hold the third community meeting to discuss the upcoming expansion of Stead Recreation Center. The meeting will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in Fellowship Hall, Foundry United Methodist Church, 1500 16th St. NW.
- The DC Statehood Coalition and the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law will present a forum on “Moving Toward Local Control of DC’s Criminal Justice System.” Speakers will include Johnny Barnes, former executive director of the ACLU of the Nation’s Capital; Avis Buchanan, director of the D.C. Public Defender Service; D.C. Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton; and Louis Sawyer Jr., chair of the DC Reentry Task Force and community outreach specialist for the D.C. Office of the Attorney General. The event will be held at 7 p.m. in the Moot Court Room at the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law, Building 52, 4340 Connecticut Ave. NW. To RSVP, visitlaw.udc.edu.
Tuesday, Dec. 5
- Three Ward 2 advisory neighborhood commissions will host a joint town hall to discuss the D.C. Department of Transportation’s dockless bikeshare demonstration program. The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. at School Without Walls at Francis-Stevens, 2425 N St. NW. Sponsors are ANC 2A (Foggy Bottom, West End), ANC 2B (Dupont Circle) and ANC 2E (Georgetown, Burleith). The event will begin with a half-hour open house with representatives from the five companies currently offering dockless bicycle sharing in the District. Then, following a presentation by department officials on current operations and any preliminary results, community members will have a chance to ask questions and make comments regarding the program.
- The Palisades Citizens Association will hold its monthly membership meeting from 7:30 to 9 p.m. at the Palisades Community Church, 5200 Cathedral Ave. NW. The guest speaker will be Ruth Wattenberg, the Ward 3 member of the D.C. State Board of Education.