Wednesday, June 7
• Whole Foods Market Tenleytown will host a Community Mix & Mingle event to obtain feedback on the store and opportunities for improvement. The event, which will include small bites and light refreshments, will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the upstairs cafe at 4530 40th St. NW.
Thursday, June 8
• The D.C. Department of Transportation will host a public meeting to discuss the Cleveland Park Streetscape and Drainage Improvement Project along Connecticut Avenue NW from Quebec Street to Macomb Street. The meeting will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Eaton Elementary School, 3301 Lowell St. NW.
• The Western Avenue Citizens Association will hold a meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Westmoreland Congregational United Church of Christ, 1 Westmoreland Circle. Topics include crime, traffic and pedestrian safety. A representative from the D.C. Department of Transportation is expected to attend.
Saturday, June 10
• At-large D.C. Council member Robert White will host a community conversation for the Ward 1 community from 10 a.m. to noon at Mary’s Center, 2333 Ontario Road NW.
Tuesday, June 13
• The Brightwood Community Association will hold its monthly meeting from 7 to 9 p.m. at St. John United Baptist Church, 6343 13th St. NW.
• Donohoe Cos. will host a community meeting to discuss its mixed-use development at 4000 Wisconsin Ave. NW. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the community room at the 2nd District Police Headquarters, 3320 Idaho Ave. NW.
Wednesday, June 14
• The National Park Service and Georgetown Heritage will host a hands-on workshop to discuss the future of the C&O National Historical Park in Georgetown. The workshop — part of developing plans to “reimagine, restore and revitalize” a mile-long section of the canal — will focus on the scope of the project and developing concept designs. The event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Canal Overlook Room at Georgetown Park, 3276 M St. NW. Reservations are requested; to RSVP, visit Georgetowncanal.eventbrite.com.
Saturday, June 17
• Ward 4 D.C. Council member Brandon Todd will hold office hours from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Juanita E. Thornton/Shepherd Park Library, 7420 Georgia Ave. NW. Constituents will have an opportunity to sit down one-on-one with the council member for up to 10 minutes to discuss important issues in Ward 4 and the District.
• The Burleith Citizens Association will host the neighborhood’s annual summer picnic from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Whitehaven Park Green Lot, Whitehaven Parkway and 37th Street NW. Activities will include live music, a dog contest, children’s activities, a raffle, and food and drink. To volunteer or donate, contact email@example.com.
Monday, June 19
• At-large D.C. Council member David Grosso will host a Community Engagement Forum on “Challenges D.C. Faces in the Age of Trump.” The meeting will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. in the gymnasium at Cleveland Elementary School, 1825 8th St. NW.