Thursday, Jan. 25
- South Capitol Bridgebuilders, the design-build contractor for the new Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge, announced a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Opportunities Open House will be held from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in Room 10, Maritime Plaza, 1201 M St. SE. The open house is a chance for the District Department of Transportation and Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority-certified DBE firms and other small business enterprises to learn about upcoming contracting opportunities on the bridge project. Space for this event is limited and advanced registration is required.
- Ford’s Washington Region Marketing Specialist Robert Childs will be at the Washington Auto Show from 9 a.m. to noon. He will answer questions and walk around the floor to highlight the newest Fords at this year’s show.
Saturday, Jan. 27
- Parents of rising preschool through 12th grade students in Ward 8 are invited to an education fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at DC Prep’s Anacostia Elementary campus located in historic Anacostia at 1409 V St. SE. Representatives from more than 30 schools, including DCPS and public charter schools, will be available to provide information about their schools to parents.
- The Catholic University of America School of Engineering will host a “Hackathon” aimed at combating the issue of homelessness from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Teams consisting of four to six students will be tasked with a specific challenge related to homelessness.
Tuesday, Jan. 30
- The Ward 3 Democratic Committee will have a community dialogue on housing and homelessness at 7 p.m. at the Forest Hills Home, 4901 Connecticut Ave. NW.
Thursday, Feb. 1
- The Old Georgetown Board will meet to discuss the preliminary list of submissions for the Georgetown Historic District at 9 a.m.