Saturday, Jan. 20
- The Bilingual Education Fair of DC will be held at the Thurgood Marshall Center at 1816 12th St., NW from 1 to 5 p.m. The fair is an event for Washington, D.C. region parents, educators and community members to discover multi-lingual education options, personalized technologies, language resources and bring bilingual education to the community. For free tickets, visit bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org.
- Mayor Muriel Bowser, District government officials, community leaders and residents will gather for the groundbreaking of the Edgewood Recreation Center. The ceremony will be at 1:30 p.m. at 3rd and Evarts St. NE.
Monday, Jan. 22
- The next Ward 3 — Wilson Feeder Education Network Meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the Georgetown Library, 3260 R St. NW.
Tuesday, Jan. 23
- The District Department of Transportation, along with the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration, are holding public meetings on Jan. 23 and 24 to provide an update on the Union Station to Georgetown Streetcar Environmental Assessment. The meeting will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. in Room 108, Funger Hall, George Washington University, 2201 G St. NW. The Jan. 24 meeting will be at the Department of Employment Services, 4058 Minnesota Ave. NE. Both meetings will include the same presentation and materials. For additional information about the public meetings, visit unionstationgeorgetown.com.
Thursday, Jan. 25
- The Historic Preservation Review Board will hold its monthly meeting at 9 a.m. in Room 220, 441 4th St. NW. Another meeting will be held on Feb. 1.