Thursday, Jan. 11
- Ward 1 D.C. Council member Brianne Nadeau will hold informal office hours at 6:30 p.m. at Potter’s House, 1658 Columbia Road NW.
Monday, Jan. 15
- The Kennedy Center and Georgetown University will celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and honor this year’s John R. Thompson Jr. awardee, Steve Park of Little Lights Urban Ministry, with the free, ticketed musical tribute “Let Freedom Ring!” The line for tickets will form in the Hall of Nations. Tickets will be distributed, up to two per person, beginning at 4:30 p.m.
- The Memorial Foundation will host the seventh annual wreath laying at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial at 9 a.m. The foundation, responsible for building the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial on the National Mall, is pleased to present an inspiring day of reflection and reconciliation. The holiday will mark the seventh anniversary of the foundation’s tribute to the civil rights activist through prayer and the wreath laying ceremony. The commemoration is free and open to the public.
Tuesday, Jan. 16
- The Crestwood Citizens Association and the ANC commissioner for single-member district 4A08 will host the joint quarterly meeting at 7 p.m. at Grace Lutheran Church, 4300 16th St. NW. The discussion will include crime in Crestwood, an update on neighborhood news and projects, and a possible vote on the Neighborhood Plan for 2018.
Tuesday, Jan. 23
- The District Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration will host public meetings on Jan. 23 and 24 to provide an update on the Union Station to Georgetown streetcar environmental assessment and to discuss potential storage and maintenance sites that have been identified for the new streetcar vehicles. Both meetings will include the same presentation and materials. The Jan. 23 meeting will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. at George Washington University, Funger Hall Room 108, 2201 A H St. NW. The meeting on Jan. 24 will be at the Department of Employment Services, 4058 Minnesota Ave. NE.