Thursday, Feb. 15
- The D.C. Department of Transportation will hold a meeting to present the Key Bridge architectural lighting project to the US Commission of Fine Arts from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the National Building Museum, Suite 312, 401 F St. NW.
Saturday, Feb. 17
- D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser and other city officials will attend the first annual Frederick Douglass 5K, celebrating 200 years of his life and legacy. The event will also be the official ribbon cutting for the Oxon Run Trail. Registration is at 8 a.m., with the race beginning at 8:30 a.m. at Oxon Run Amphitheater, 13th Street and Mississippi Avenue, SE.
Tuesday, Feb. 20
- D.C. Ward 1 Council member Brianne Nadeau will host informal office hours for community members to come and speak with her at 6:30 p.m. at Half Smoke, 651 Florida Ave. NW.
- Mayor Muriel Bowser’s administration will host a seniors budget engagement telephone forum about the District’s fiscal year 2019 budget at noon. There will be subsequent in-person budget forums on Feb. 21, 22 and 24 at various locations. For more information and to RSVP, visit 2018budgetforums.eventbrite.com or call 202-442-8150.
Wednesday, Feb. 21
- The Committee on Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization’s 2018 Performance Oversight group will hold a public hearing about the Mayor’s Office of Returning Citizen’s Affairs, Commission on Re-Entry and Returning Citizen’s Affairs, DC Housing Authority and the Office of Neighborhood Advisory Commission. It will take place at 11 a.m. in room 120, the John A. Wilson Building. To testify, call 202-724-8198.
Thursday, Feb. 22
- The D.C. Historic Preservation Review Board will meet at 9 a.m. in Room 220 South, One Judiciary Square, 441 4th St. NW.
- The D.C. Department of Transportation will hold a meeting to discuss the 14th Street NW Streetscape Project. The department will present the plans and schedule for the upcoming project. The meeting will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Community Room at National City Christian Church, 5 Thomas Circle NW.