Wednesday, Dec. 13
- The D.C. State Board of Education #DCGradReqs Task Force will meet at 6 p.m. in Room 1114, One Judiciary Square, 441 4th St. NW.
Thursday, Dec. 14
- Advisory Neighborhood Commission 3/4G (Chevy Chase) will hold a public meeting to discuss funding issues related to the long-term future of the Chevy Chase Community Center, which is slated for renovations in the coming years. The meeting will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at the center, located at Connecticut Avenue and McKinley Street NW.
Saturday, Dec. 16
- Ward 3 D.C. Council member Mary Cheh will hold a “Chat With Cheh” event from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Avalon Theatre, 5612 Connecticut Ave. NW.
- Ward 4 D.C. Council member Brandon Todd will hold a Ward 4 Holiday Party from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lafayette Elementary School, 5701 Broad Branch Road NW. Attendees are asked to donate a new winter coat for a child. To RSVP, contact Dolly Turner at 202-654-6406 or email@example.com.
Monday, Dec. 18
- The National Capital Planning Commission will hold a public meeting on the draft environmental impact statement for the Smithsonian South Mall Campus Master Plan. The meeting will be held from 10 a.m. to noon at the commission’s offices in Suite 500, 401 9th St. NW.
- The D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation and the D.C. Department of General Services will hold the first community engagement meeting regarding the scheduled Hardy Park and Recreation Center modernization project. The meeting will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Hardy Recreation Center, 4500 Q St. NW.
Tuesday, Dec. 19
- The D.C. Department of Motor Vehicles will host its first quarterly community forum, which will focus on the agency’s 2017-2022 strategic plan and initiatives. A Q&A will follow. The meeting will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Southwest Service Center, 95 M St. SW. To RSVP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Dec. 21
- The D.C. Historic Preservation Review Board will meet at 9 a.m. in Room 220 South, One Judiciary Square, 441 4th St. NW.
Friday, Dec. 29
- The Chevy Chase Citizens Association will hold its fourth annual holiday cookie-decorating event from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Chevy Chase Community Center, 5601 Connecticut Ave. NW. Organizers will provide the cookies, icing and decorations.
Monday, Jan. 1
- D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser will host her fourth annual “Fit DC Fresh Start” 5K Walk/Run at 10 a.m. at Anacostia Park, 1900 Anacostia Drive SE. Registration is free; visit bit.ly/2C4SLip.
Tuesday, Jan. 9
- The Spring Valley Restoration Advisory Board will meet at 7 p.m. in the Undercroft meeting room at St. David’s Episcopal Church, 5150 Macomb St. NW.
- The D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation and the D.C. Department of General Services will hold the first community engagement meeting regarding the scheduled Carolina Park and Playground modernization project. The meeting will be held from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Palisades Community Church, 5200 Cathedral Ave. NW.
Thursday, Jan. 18
- The Cleveland Park Citizens Association will hold a community meeting to address problems neighbors have experienced with postal deliveries and the functioning of the Friendship Station post office. The guest speaker will be Salvatore Vacca, U.S. Postal Service district manager for the region. The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. The location has not been announced.