- D.C.-based musicians Lauren Calve, John Figura and Tom Liddle will perform as Run Come See in a concert featuring soulful blues, rock and country. 6 p.m. Free. Millennium Stage, Kennedy Center. 202-467-4600.
- The Takoma Park Library will host “Build a Better World Lego Club” (for ages 5 and older). 4 p.m. Free. Takoma Park Library, 416 Cedar St NW. 202-576-7252.
Classes and workshops
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Rock Creek, will host a weekly tai chi class. 2 p.m. Free. St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Rock Creek, 201 Allison St. NW. 202-726-2080.
- The Petworth Library will host a writers’ workshop. 7 p.m. Free. Petworth Library, 4200 Kansas Ave. NW. 202-243-1187.
- Instructor Tara Bishop will lead a weekly “Yoga for All” restorative yoga practice. 7:30 p.m. Free. Juanita E. Thornton/Shepherd Park Library, 7420 Georgia Ave. NW. 202-541-6100.
- The National Gallery of Art will present Jean-Pierre Cottet and Guillaume Cottet’s 2017 documentary “Vermeer, Beyond Time,” which focuses on the artist’s family life, his artistic contemporaries, his conversion to Catholicism, and the wider world of the 17th-century Dutch Golden Age. Noon. Free. East Building Auditorium, National Gallery of Art, 4th Street and Constitution Avenue NW. 202-737-4215. The film will be shown again Dec. 28, 29 and 30 at noon and Dec. 31 at 2 p.m.
- The West End Library will present the 2000 film “Reindeer Games,” starring Ben Affleck, Charlize Theron and Gary Sinise. 6:30 p.m. Free. West End Library, 2301 L St. NW. 202-724-8707.
- The Anacostia Community Museum’s 50th anniversary Kwanzaa celebration will feature a performance by the Melvin Deal African Heritage Drummers and Dancers. 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Free; reservations required. Fort Stanton Recreation Center, 1812 Erie St. SE. 202-633-4844.
- Step Afrika! will present “Magical Musical Holiday Step Show 2017,” a family-friendly performance by the internationally renowned percussive dance company. 11:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. $18 to $40. Sprenger Theatre, Atlas Performing Arts Center, 1333 H St. NE. 202-399-7993. The performance will repeat Dec. 28 at 7:30 p.m.; Dec. 29 at 11:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.; and Dec. 30 at 2 p.m.
- “The Illusionists: Live From Broadway,” the world’s best-selling magic show, will return to the Kennedy Center for a mind-blowing showcase. 8 p.m. $69 to $175. Eisenhower Theater, Kennedy Center. 202-467-4600. Performances will continue through Jan. 7.
- Dwayne Lawson-Brown will host an open mic poetry event. 9 to 11 p.m. $5. Cullen Room, Busboys and Poets 5th & K, 1025 5th St. NW. 202-789-2227.
- “The Village — Co-working + Childcare = Parenting Bliss” will offer two hours of child care while parents can use Wi-Fi and tables. 9 to 11 a.m. $20. Busboys and Poets Takoma, 235 Carroll St. NW. busboysandpoets.com.
- “ZooLights” will feature environmentally friendly LED displays, a light show set to music, 150-foot-long “snow tubing” tracks, the Conservation Carousel, live entertainment, and a glow-in-the-dark play zone for children. 5 to 9 p.m. Free admission. National Zoo, 3001 Connecticut Ave. NW. 202-633-4470. The event will repeat Dec. 28, 29 and 30 and Jan. 1.