- The Embassy of Estonia will celebrate their centennial with a “100 Years of Estonian Music” concert at the Kennedy Center, featuring vocalist Mr. Mart Sander. 6 p.m. Free. Millennium Stage, Kennedy Center. 202-467-4600.
Discussions and lectures
- Historian Kate Masur, who recently wrote a new introduction for the 1942 book “They Knew Lincoln,” will discuss Abraham Lincoln’s relationship with African Americans. 6 p.m. reception; 6:30 p.m. lecture. $10 for the reception and $10 for the lecture. President Lincoln’s Cottage, 140 Rock Creek Church Road NW. 202-829-0436.
- Jean Freedman will discuss her biography “Peggy Seeger: A Life of Music, Love, and Politics” about the leading voice of British and American folk revivals. 6:30 p.m. Free admission. Busboys and Poets, 234 Carroll St. NW. 202-726-0856.
- The Goethe Book Club will discuss Robert Seethaler’s “The Tobacconist,” about a 17-year-old Austrian boy who seeks the advice of Sigmund Freud after he falls in love with a burlesque dancer. The book club is presented by the Goethe-Institut Washington and lead by Amanda Sheffer, a German professor at Catholic University of America. 6:30 p.m. Free; registration suggested. Goethe-Institut Washington, 1990 K St. NW, Suite 03. 202-847-4700.
- Author Min Jin Lee will discuss her novel “Pachinko,” which was a finalist for the National Book Award, about a woman in early 1900s Japanese-occupied Korea who marries a pastor after she realizes that the father of her unborn child is married. 7 p.m. Free admission. Politics and Prose at The Wharf, 70 District Square SW. 202-488-3867.
- Poets Danuta Kosk-Kosicka and Kurt Olsson will read from their works, followed by an open mic that will be part of the Cafe Muse literary series. 7 p.m. Free. Friendship Heights Village Center, 4433 South Park Ave. Chevy Chase.
- French-learners can practice their language skills with native speakers over a game of Scrabble, Clue or Apples to Apples at “Jouons! A French Game Night.” 6:30 p.m. Free for Alliance Française members; a $5 donation is suggested for non-members. Alliance Française, 2142 Wyoming Ave. NW. 202-234-7911.