- At “Creature Feature,” children ages four to 10 will learn about Rock Creek Park wildlife and get a chance to meet and feed the animals housed in the nature center. 4 to 4:30 p.m. Free. Rock Creek Park Nature Center, 5200 Glover Road NW. 202-895-6000. This event will repeat every Friday until April 27.
Classes and workshops
- Classical painter Teresa Oaxaca will teach a figure drawing class for all levels using traditional drawing media. 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. $15 per class for Arts Club members; $20 for non-members. Arts Club of Washington, 2017 I St. NW. Contact Teresa Oaxaca at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a weekly session.
- Juilliard graduate, Marine Band member and concert pianist Christopher Schmitt will perform in the the Friday Noon Concert. Noon to 12:30 p.m. Free. Arts Club of Washington, 2017 I St. NW. 202-331-7282. This concert is part of a weekly series that repeats every Friday.
- Rorschach Theatre will present Frances Ya-Chu’s “410[Gone],” a play about a Chinese-American boy using arcade games to take control from the Land of the Dead from the Chinese Goddess of Mercy and the Monkey King. 8 p.m. $20 to $30. Atlas Performing Arts Center, 1333 H St. NE. Visit RorschachTheatre.com/410gone for information and tickets. The show will continue until April 15.
- DanzAbierta, a dance company regarded as a key figure in Cuba’s avant garde dance scene, will present its 2009 work MalSon, a love letter to Havana. $15 to $30. Dance Place, 3225 8th St. NE. 202-249-7727.
- The Globe Theatre and Shakespeare Theatre Company will present “Henry VIII,” Shakespeare’s political thriller about the real-life power struggle between King Henry’s first minister, Cardinal Wolsey, and the Tudor Court. 8 p.m. $20. Sidney Harman Hall, 610 F St. NW. 202-547-1122.
- Heurich House Museum will offer a Public Brewmaster Tour, which includes an hour-long guided museum tour and one beer flight per person, showcasing three local craft beers. 5 to 6:30 p.m. $30. Heurich House Museum, 1307 New Hampshire Ave. NW. 202-429-1894. There will be another tour on April 13.