Classes and workshops
- Classical painter Teresa Oaxaca will teach a figure drawing class for all levels using traditional drawing media. 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. $15 per class for Arts Club members; $20 for non-members. Arts Club of Washington, 2017 I St. NW. Contact Teresa Oaxaca at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a weekly session.
- The U.S. Air Force Singing Sergeants will perform three 20-minute acapella choral music concerts for its monthly “First Friday” series. 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. Free. Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, 600 Independence Ave. SW. 202-767-4310.
- Join the Calvary Baptist Church Concert Series for performances of Albinoni, Strauss and Ysaÿe. Noon to 1 p.m. Free. Calvary Baptist Church, 755 8th St. NW. 202-347-8355. This event is part of a weekly series.
- Wayne L. Wold will perform organ arrangements by Grieg and Clérambault, as well as original compositions, for Friday Music at Midday. 12:15 p.m. Free. National City Christian Church, 5 Thomas Circle NW. 202-232-0323. This concert is part of a weekly series that repeats every Friday.
- Members of the National Symphony Orchestra will play chamber works at the Kennedy Center. 6 p.m. Free. Millennium Stage, Kennedy Center. 202-467-4600.
- In celebration of springtime, the American University Symphony Orchestra will present “In Nature’s Realm,” a classical music program inspired by humans’ relationship with nature. 7:30 p.m. $5 to $10. Abramson Family Recital Hall, 4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW. email@example.com. This performance will repeat on March 4.
- To kick off the 2018 D.C. Francophonie Festival, the Embassy of Switzerland will sponsor a screening of the Swiss psychological thriller, “Moka,” about a woman seeking revenge on her son’s killer. 7 to 9:30 p.m. Free; registration required. Alliance Française, 2142 Wyoming Ave. NW. 202-234-7911.
- Hillyer presents three solo exhibitions opening on March’s First Friday, featuring new work by local artists Sarah Jamison, Anne C. Smith and Jeff Hensley. 6 to 9 p.m. $8 donation suggested. IA&A at Hillyer, 9 Hillyer Court NW. 202-338-0325.