- The West End Library’s “Art and Creativity Hour” will offer a chance to create art inspired by the Washington Color School (for ages 6 through 12). 4 p.m. Free. West End Library, 2301 L St. NW. 202-724-8707.
- DC’s Finest(DooWop Cops), an a cappella group consisting of current and retired D.C. police officers, will perform. 6 p.m. Free. Millennium Stage, Kennedy Center. 202-467-4600.
- Gypsy Sally’s will present a concert by Everyone Orchestra (with Steve Kimock, Holly Bowling, Tom Hamilton, Jennifer Hartswick, Vinnie Amico, Chris Chew and Jeff Mosier) and opening act Staycation. 9 p.m. $29.50 to $33. Gypsy Sally’s, 3401 K St. NW. gypsysallys.com.
- The National Gallery of Art will present Jean-Pierre Cottet and Guillaume Cottet’s 2017 documentary “Vermeer, Beyond Time,” which focuses on the artist’s family life, his artistic contemporaries, his conversion to Catholicism, and the wider world of the 17th-century Dutch Golden Age. Noon. Free. East Building Auditorium, National Gallery of Art, 4th Street and Constitution Avenue NW. 202-737-4215. The film will be shown again Dec. 30 at noon and Dec. 31 at 2 p.m.
- Step Afrika! will present “Magical Musical Holiday Step Show 2017,” a family-friendly performance by the internationally renowned percussive dance company. 11:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. $18 to $40. Sprenger Theatre, Atlas Performing Arts Center, 1333 H St. NE. 202-399-7993. The performance will repeat Dec. 30 at 2 p.m.
- The West End Library will host its twice-weekly program “Between the Lines: Coloring Club for Adults.” 2 p.m. Free. West End Library, 2301 L St. NW. 202-724-8707.
- “ZooLights” will feature environmentally friendly LED displays, a light show set to music, 150-foot-long “snow tubing” tracks, the Conservation Carousel, live entertainment, and a glow-in-the-dark play zone for children. 5 to 9 p.m. Free admission. National Zoo, 3001 Connecticut Ave. NW. 202-633-4470. The event will repeat Dec. 30 and Jan. 1.
- The Washington Wizards will play the Houston Rockets. 7 p.m. $58 to $315. Capital One Arena (formerly Verizon Center), 601 F St. NW. 800-745-3000.